If you’re looking for an even more delicious way to enjoy blueberries, you’ve come to the right place! With just ten minutes of prep time and minimal ingredients, you’ll love this vegan and gluten free blueberry pie!
The only things you will need for this recipe are blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest, corn starch, and a frozen pie crust.
You can use fresh or frozen blueberries. This a great recipe to make if you have leftover blueberries and need to eat them before they go bad. For example, I made a version of this pie last year when my family went blueberry picking and we had a pound of blueberries about to go bad in our fridge.
However, when blueberries are not in season, I love using frozen ones. I find that frozen blueberries are much cheaper, and because they are picked in season and then frozen, they have just as much nutritional value as fresh blueberries.
If you use frozen blueberries, you don’t even need to defrost them. You can start making your pie with them as soon as you take them out of the freezer.
Making your pie:
To start, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, combine the frozen blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and corn starch. Mix them well.
Poke some holes in your pie crust with a fork. Bake it for about 10 minutes, until it is golden brown and then take it out.
Add the blueberry pie filling to the crust and and pop it back in the oven. Bake for another half hour.
Once your blueberry pie is ready, add some vegan whipped cream, dairy free ice cream, or any other topping of choice!
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 frozen pie crust you can find vegan and gluten free versions the freezer section of most grocery stores
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the blueberries, coconut sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and corn starch. This is your pie filling.
- *Note: no need to defrost the blueberries, you can use them straight out of the freezer.
- Poke several holes into your pie crust with a fork.
- Bake your frozen pie crust in the oven for about 10 minutes on 400*F (this is so the crust doesn’t get soggy).
- When your crust is done, pour the pie filling into the crust and bake for half an hour.
If you’re a fan of blueberries, try any of these other delicious vegan blueberry recipes: