Out of all of my cookie recipes, this one for peanut butter cookies has got to be my favorite. I can’t think of an easier, more versatile and delicious treat. I’ve made it for all of my friends and family at some time or another, and they’ve all loved it!
What you will need:
All that you’ll need for this recipe are peanut butter, flour, sugar, dairy free milk, baking soda, and salt.
How picky you are with the quality of the ingredients is totally up to you. I like to keep my recipe on the healthier side and opt for a version with less sugar and a higher quality flour.
I like to use natural (unsweetened and oil free) peanut butter, unsweetened almond milk, and oat flour (as opposed to bleached white flour).
To lower the sugar in the recipe, I sometimes switch it up and use 1/2 cup coconut sugar and 1/4 cup stevia, instead of 1 cup brown sugar. However, for this recipe I used the full cup of brown sugar because I find that it makes for the softest cookies.
You can use the type of ingredients that I use, or any version of these that you feel like!
Making your peanut butter cookies:
Once you have your ingredients, everything is super easy.
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, combine the peanut butter, almond milk, and brown sugar.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
Combine the dry ingredients to the wet and mix them well.
Using your hands, form the batter into balls that are about 1 inch in diameter. Place them on the baking sheet.
Using a fork, lightly press down on the cookies twice, making the shape of an X, until you get the checkered board look that you see in the photos.
Lastly, place the cookies in the oven and bake them for ten minutes.
These are seriously some of the easiest cookies I’ve ever made. They take a total of twenty minutes to make, including the baking time. You can make a delicious treat for yourself and your family and friends, or double the recipe and bring them to a party.
There are also so many ways you can spice these cookies up even more! For example, I love dipping half of them in chocolate, or drizzling chocolate on top (photos below). You can even use this recipe to make these cookies into these peanut butter and jelly sandwich cookies! The possibilities are endless!
The Best Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- baking sheet
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup flour of choice you can easily make these gluten free with a gluten free flour such as oat flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plant milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the peanut butter, brown sugar, and plant milk together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and sea salt.
- Then, mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Form the batter into about balls (about 1 inch in diameter).
- Using a fork, lightly press down on the cookies in an X shape, until you get the checkered board look that you see in the photos.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- After the cookies cool, feel free to dip the cookies in chocolate, add strawberry jam to the top, or just enjoy as is!