If you’re looking for an easy dinner that is healthy, vegan, gluten free, and delicious, look no further. These one pot quinoa tacos take just five minutes to prep and less than thirty minutes to cook. They only require one pot, so there is minimal cleaning up. They make for a perfect dinner or meal prep for the whole week.
For these one pot quinoa tacos, you will need quinoa, a can of black beans, a can of sweet corn, tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste, onion, garlic, olive oil, paprika, cumin, and salt and pepper. You will also need corn tortillas to assemble your tacos.
The only prep you will really need to do is to chop your tomatoes and onions and to mince the garlic. If you’re feeling lazy, you can even use a can of diced tomatoes.
Once your ingredients are prepped, add the olive oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for several minutes, until they start to release their flavor.
Drain the can of beans and can of corn. Add them to the pot.
Add the rest of the ingredients- the quinoa, tomatoes, vegetable broth, tomato paste, paprika, and cumin. Cover the pot with a lid- preferably one that has a small hole for the steam to escape from. If you don’t have one of those, don’t close the lid fully and leave a small opening on one side.
Let all of the ingredients cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. That’s it, your taco filling is ready!
Assembling your tacos:
To make them even more delicious, heat the corn tortillas in a clean pan over low heat for a couple of seconds, until they start to warm up and get just a little crispy.
Add your taco filling to the corn tortillas. Top with avocado, cilantro (or parsley), hot sauce, or any other topping of choice!
If you like these one pot quinoa tacos, you might also like this vegetable quinoa paella!
One Pot Quinoa Tacos
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can sweet corn
- 2 large chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- splash of olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado and parlsey (or cilantro) to top
- corn tortillas
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, followed by the chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain your can of beans and can of corn and add them to the pot.
- Add the vegetable broth, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, quinoa, paprika, and cumin. Cover the pot and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the liquid has pretty much evaporated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Take off heat.
- Heat your tortillas on a clean pan for 10-15 seconds on each side. Then add your taco mix to the tortillas and top with chopped avocado and parsley or cilantro.