This blueberry frozen yogurt dessert tastes like a sweet indulgent treat you'd find at your favorite froyo place, but without the excessive amounts of sugar. It's vegan, naturally gluten free, and absolutely delicious. Enjoy it to cool off on a warm summer day, or any other time of the year!
Making your blueberry frozen yogurt:
To make this dessert, you're going to need coconut yogurt, blueberries, agave, stevia, and the juice and zest of a lemon.
Yogurt: I used coconut yogurt to make this dessert dairy free. You can use another type of dairy free yogurt, or even use regular yogurt if you are not vegan.
Sweeteners: To keep the sugar low, I used half parts agave and stevia. If you have never had stevia, it is a zero calorie sweetener that tastes like sugar but does not raise your blood sugar. If you don't have stevia, you replace it with another sweetener of choice.
Blueberries: I like to use frozen blueberries for this recipe. Since they are already frozen, you won't need to freeze the final product for as long before you can enjoy it. However, you can totally use any blueberries that you have on hand. As a matter of fact, you can even replace the blueberries with strawberries, raspberries, or another fruit of choice. You can use the same recipe to make a different flavor of frozen yogurt!
Making the blueberry frozen yogurt:
Once you have the ingredients, the rest couldn't be easier. Put all of the ingredients in the blender. Then blend them on high speed until everything is thoroughly mixed.
Freeze the dessert until it has hardened to the consistency of ice cream, and enjoy!
I like topping mine with fresh blueberries, vegan whipped cream, and pistachios.
If you liked this blueberry frozen yogurt, you might also like these frozen yogurt cups or this dark chocolate mousse (made with yogurt)!
Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
- 1 cup coconut yogurt or any other yogurt of choice
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- ½ tablespoon agave
- ½ tablespoon stevia if you don't have or don't like stevia, feel free to replace it with another sugar or sweetener of choice
- juice of half a lemon
- zest of half a lemon
- Use a high speed blender to blend the blueberries, yogurt, agave, stevia, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Freeze the blueberry yogurt for 2-3 hours.
- Enjoy your blueberry yogurt with fresh blueberries, pistachios, and vegan whip cream. Or any other topping that you prefer!
Leave a Reply