Full of healthy carbs, veggies, and delicious dairy free ranch, this vegan pasta salad has everything you need to satisfy your carb cravings and get your daily dose of vegetables! And it’s also gluten free 🙂
What you need
To make the pasta salad, you will need a box of pasta, broccoli, carrots, a red bell pepper, squash, green onions, and olives.
For the vegan ranch dressing, you will need dairy free yogurt, agave, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Note: To make this recipe gluten free, I used gluten free chickpea pasta.
Making your dairy free ranch
To make the dairy free ranch, all you need to do is combine all of the ingredients to a bowl. You can use a fork or a hand mixer to combine all of the ingredients. I like using a hand mixer because it mixes the ingredients evenly and makes for a creamier dressing.
When you are done making the ranch dressing, set it aside.
Making your pasta salad
To make the pasta salad, start by cooking your pasta according to the box instructions.
When the pasta is done cooking, drain it and rinse it under cold water. This is so the noodles don’t stick together, and because you don’t want warm noodles in pasta salad.
Next, chop up your vegetables- the broccoli, carrots, red bell pepper, squash, and green onion.
Putting it all together
In a large bowl, combine your pasta and chopped veggies. Top them all with the dairy free ranch dressing. Mix all of the ingredients well, top the salad with some olives, and you are ready to enjoy your vegan pasta salad 🙂
If you liked this recipe and are looking for more pasta inspiration, check out these other pasta recipes:
Vegan Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 cups coconut yogurt any other plant based or regular yogurt works too
- 1 tsp agave
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp dill
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsps parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 box pasta
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 large carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow squash
- 3 green onions
- olives as many as you'd like
- To make the vegan ranch, add all of the ranch ingredients in a large bowl and mix until you get a creamy well mixed ranch.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the box.
- Chop all of your veggies- the broccoli, carrots, pepper, squash, and green onions.
- In a large bowl, add the pasta, veggies, and ranch and mix well.
- Add the olives and any other toppings that you would like!