Peanut butter and chocolate. Name a better combo, I’ll wait. This recipe for peanut butter chocolate balls is one of my favorite of all time. It never lasts for more than a day at my house, or more than ten minutes when I bring it to party. They are so fun and easy to make too!
What you will need:
All you will need for this recipe are peanut butter, coconut flour, maple syrup, vanilla, a pinch of salt, and dark chocolate.
Peanut butter: I like to use all natural peanut butter that doesn’t have any sugar or oil added. To me, this is the most clean and delicious kind. It also is more runny and liquid than peanut butter that has been more processed, which is great for this recipe because it binds with the flour nicely.
Coconut flour: You can technically use any flour you want, but I love the flavor that coconut adds to this recipe. Coconut and chocolate are another combination that pairs together so nicely. I also chose coconut flour because I wanted to keep it gluten free. Almond flour and oat flour also work great in this recipe.
Maple syrup: you can add as much or as little sweetener as you’d like to this recipe. I tend to have more of a sweet tooth, so I find that 1/4 cup is the perfect amount.
Dark chocolate: since the recipe already has some sweetness from the maple syrup, I like to use barely sweetened dark vegan chocolate. You can, of course, use whatever chocolate you like 🙂
Making your peanut butter balls:
In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut flour, and salt.
Form the mixture into balls (about 1 inch in diameter).
In a microwavable bowl, break up the chocolate into small pieces and then place it in the microwave for 30 second increments until it is fully melted.
Drop each ball into the melted chocolate and roll it around until it is fully covered in chocolate.
Use a fork to remove the peanut butter ball from the chocolate. Place the chocolate covered ball on a baking sheet, or any flat plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
After the chocolate has hardened, the peanut butter balls are ready to be eaten!
If you love peanut butter and chocolate, you might also like these recipes:
- peanut butter chocolate covered pretzels
- peanut butter chocolate mousse pie
- peanut butter chocolate rice crispy treats
- maca protein bars (with peanut butter and chocolate)
The Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Coconut Balls
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bar dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, coconut flour, and salt.
- Form the mixture into balls (about 1 inch in diameter).
- In a separate bowl, melt the dark chocolate. It’s easiest to break the chocolate into small pieces and then place it in the microwave for 30 second increments until it is fully melted.
- Drop each ball into the melted chocolate and roll it around with a fork.
- Place the chocolate covered balls on a baking sheet, or any flat plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- After the chocolate has hardened, they are ready to be eaten!