If you are looking for a ridiculously easy snack, or just want a way to spice up your pretzels and make them even more delicious, look no further! These peanut butter chocolate pretzels require few ingredients, are super fun to make, and are vegan and gluten free.
What you will need:
To make these peanut butter chocolate pretzels, you will need peanut butter, chocolate, and pretzels (duh). You will also need powdered sugar and vanilla. You can use any version of these ingredients, but below I’ll talk about the specific ingredients that I chose so I could make my recipe just a little healthier.
Peanut butter: I used natural peanut butter with no added sugar or oil.
Chocolate: for this recipe, I used lightly sweetened dark chocolate.
Pretzels: You can use regular or gluten free pretzels. I used a brand called Quinn’s pretzels because they are gluten free and use clean ingredients (not sponsored by them, these are just a brand I love and use). Of course, there are many others! You can find several options if you go to a health foods store.
Powdered sugar: I make my own powdered sugar by grinding coconut sugar in a blender. I like using coconut sugar instead of regular because it’s a healthier alternative to regular white sugar. But any powdered sugar will work just fine for this recipe!
Making your peanut butter chocolate pretzels:
To start, combine the peanut butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a bowl and mix them well.
Refrigerate the peanut butter filling for about half an hour, so the peanut butter becomes less sticky. This will help with rolling it into balls.
Once the peanut butter is ready, take it out of the fridge and start forming it into 1/2 inch balls. Use your hands to roll it and set the peanut butter balls on a baking sheet, so they don’t roll around.
Once you have rolled all of the peanut butter into balls, take one pretzel and place a peanut butter ball in the middle of the pretzel. Then place another pretzel on top and gently squeeze the pretzels together so that you get a peanut butter pretzel sandwich.
Repeat this until you run out of pretzels. You should have about 25-30 pretzel sandwiches.
Melt the chocolate in the microwave. You can do this by breaking the chocolate apart into small pieces and placing it in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 30 second incremenets until all of the chocoalte has melted.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. You won’t be baking them, this is so that you can lay the chocolate covered pretzels and not make a mess with all of the melted chocolate.
Dip each pretzels halfway into the chocolate and lay them on the baking sheet. Do this until all of the pretzels are covered in chocolate.
Refrigerate the pretzels for about an hour, until the chocolate has solidified. Enjoy!
If you love peanut butter and chocolate, you might also like these peanut butter chocolate recipes:
- peanut butter chocolate balls
- healthy chocolate protein balls
- chocolate mousse pie
- vegan chocolate rice crispy treats
Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Pretzels
- 1 bag of pretzels use gluten free if you prefer
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- Mix the peanut butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Refrigerate for about half an hour, so the peanut butter becomes less sticky.
- Form the peanut butter mix into 1/2 inch balls.
- Take one pretzel and place a peanut butter ball in the middle of the pretzel. Then place another pretzel on top and gently squeeze the pretzels together so that you get a peanut butter pretzel sandwich.
- Repeat this until you run out of pretzels. You should have about 25-30 pretzel sandwiches.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl and dip your pretzels halfway into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate the pretzels for about an hour and enjoy.