During quarantine, I have been craving comfort foods, so I have been making more and more classic recipes. I think it’s really fun to experiment with plant based alternatives, and this week I decided to try and recreate the classic bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich, but make it all plant based. The result was this delicious vegan bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast bagel. Hope you enjoy 🙂
What you need:
For this recipe, you will plant based versions of bacon, egg, and cheese. There are many really awesome vegan bacon and cheese options. I used Lightlife‘s veggie bacon and Fieldhouse‘s plant based cheese. There is only one great plant based egg alternative that I know of and that is Just Egg. That’s the one I used in this recipe.
For this recipe, you will also need a bagel. An English muffin will work great too. I also sautéd some spinach as a side, but that is optional.
Assembling your vegan bacon egg and cheese breakfast bagel
- First, I start off by adding my slice to cheese to the bagel and toasting it in the toaster oven.
- In the meantime, I cooked my Just Egg using a small round pan, so that it’s the right amount and size for the bagel.
- After my egg cooked, I also sautéd the veggie bacon. I added the bacon and egg to the bagel.
If you liked this breakfast recipe, you might also like these vegan blueberry pancakes!
Vegan Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Bagel Recipe
- 1 bagel
- Just Egg plant based egg alternative
- veggie bacon I used Lightlife
- plant based cheese I used Fieldhouse
- olive oil or avocado oil
- optional: sautéed spinach
- Add a slice of cheese to your bagel and toast them.
- Cook the Just Egg and add it to the toasted bagel.
- Sautee the veggie bacon for a few minutes on each side. Then add it to the bagel.