It has been so long since I’ve been able to share a new recipe! This semester at school was by far the hardest one I have ever had and I am so relieved that it’s over and even more happy that I am back home where I can bake and make more recipes.
This matcha protein ball recipes is one I like to make as a snack during any time of the year, but I figured with all of colors it looks perfect for the holidays! Plus I absolutely love matcha- I have recently gotten really into matcha lattes, and this dessert is another perfect way to enjoy matcha!
Hope you give them a try 🙂
Holiday Matcha Protein Balls
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup coconut shreds
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder
- Soak the dates in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- Blend dates using a food processor until they form a paste-like consistency. If they are too thick, add a little bit of water or nut milk.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients with the date paste and blend them all together.
- Shape into balls.
- Roll each ball in matcha powder and top with coconut flakes. This part is optional and you can totally leave it out, but I did this because I thought it looked cute and festive, plus I love adding even more matcha 🙂
You can store these anywhere, but I think they taste better cold so I like to store mine in the refrigerator.