Granola- it’s perfect on smoothies, yogurt, chia pudding, as a bar, or just by itself! I used to buy store-bought granola, but I found that no matter what brand I bought, they always had so much added sugar and oils that don’t add any health benefits and just aren’t needed. I wanted to make a granola recipe that is filled with only nutritious ingredients that help me start my morning the right way and provide a lot of energy for the day.
So I combined some of my favorite and healthiest ingredients – oats, pecans, hemp, flax, and chia. I added some extra delicious flavors like coconut, vanilla, and cinnamon, and sweetened it with a ripe banana. The end product turned out so delicious and it is now my favorite crunchy granola to add to any breakfast. And as an added bonus, it is full of fiber, potassium, Vitamin C, calcium, and iron! Here is the recipe with the exact ratios that I used.
Healthiest Homemade Granola
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons of crushed pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon coconut shreds
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mash the ripe banana in a bowl.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the granola on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 20-30 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want it.