If you’re looking for a healthy breakfast on the go, look no further! These blueberry banana muffins are delicious and super easy to make. They are vegan, and can easily be made gluten free.
What you will need:
The ingredients that you will need for this recipe are flour, bananas, blueberries, coconut oil, almond milk, agave, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
If you want to make this recipe gluten free, you can use a gluten free flour such as oat flour, or a gluten free baking flour.
You also want to make sure that the bananas you use are ripe and have brown spots starting to form on them. Ripe bananas are softer and easier to mash, and they make for a great substitute in recipes. Not to mention that they are a great natural sweetener!
Making your blueberry banana muffins:
Start by mashing your ripe bananas and adding them to a large bowl. To the same bowl, add the rest of the wet ingredients. These are the coconut oil, almond milk, agave, and vanilla. I recommend mixing them with a hand mixer to make sure all the ingredients are fully combined.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. These are the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Use a fork to mix the ingredients well.
Slowly, start adding the dry ingredients to the wet, about one cup at a time. It’s better to add the dry ingredients slowly to make mixing easier. Again, it’s helpful if you use a hand mixer.
Once you have combined all of the ingredients, add in the blueberries. You can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In the meantime, like a muffin pan with muffin cups. Then, add about 3-4 heaping tablespoons to each muffin cup.
Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes. Check to see if they are ready by sticking a toothpick in the middle of a muffin. If the toothpick comes out with any batter one, give the muffins about five more minutes.
Enjoy your blueberry banana muffins!
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also like these other vegan muffin recipes:
Blueberry Banana Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup blueberries I used frozen
- 3 mashed bananas use soft ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup agave
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed banana, coconut oil, almond milk, agave, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Combine half of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Then combine the rest of the dry ingredients. It helps if you slowly combine the dry ingredients. It makes it easier to mix everything and makes for less clumps.
- Once everything else is mixed, fold in the blueberries.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of batter to each muffin cup.
- Bake the muffins for about 30 minutes and enjoy!