These delicious and easy to make blueberry almond oatmeal cups are basically oatmeal baked in a cup and ready to take on the go! Make a batch and have breakfast prepped for the whole week! They are low in sugar, vegan, and gluten free.
What you will need:
For these blueberry almond oatmeal cups, you will need oats, baking powder, ground flax seeds, a dash of salt, almond milk, vanilla, a ripe banana, maple syrup, stevia, peanut butter, blueberries, and sliced almonds.
I used a mix of maple syrup and stevia to keep the sugar in this recipe low, but still preserve the taste. If you don’t have stevia on hand, you can use 2 tablespoons of sugar, maple syrup, or another sweetener of choice.
How to make the oatmeal cups:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Start by making your flax egg. Mix 1 tablespoon ground flax and 3 tablespoons of water. Whisk it with a fork and set it aside.
In a bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate bowl, mash the banana and add the almond milk, maple syrup, peanut butter, and finally flax egg.
Add your dry ingredients to your wet and mix them well.
Fold in your blueberries and sliced almonds- add as many or as little as you’d like. I added about 3/4 cup of frozen blueberries and 1/3 cup sliced almonds.
Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and add about 3-4 heaping tablespoons to each muffin cup.
Top with more blueberries and almonds and bake for about 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for about a week.
I hope you liked these blueberry almond oatmeal cups! Please tag me if you try it out, I love seeing what you guys make 🙂
Blueberry Almond Oatmeal Cups
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- Dash of salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp stevia replace this with sugar or another sweetener if you don’t have or like stevia
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- blueberries fresh or frozen
- Sliced almonds
- Make your flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp flax and 3 tbsps of water. Set aside.
- Mix the oats, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine your mashed banana, almond milk, maple syrup, peanut butter, and finally flax egg.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet and mix them well.
- Fold in your blueberries and sliced almonds- add as many or as little as you’d like.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and add about 3-4 heaping tablespoons to each muffin cup.
- Top with more blueberries and almonds and bake for about 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.