Some of my favorite recipes are the most simple ones that I make as my daily meals. This balsamic Brussel sprout pasta is one of them. I make this super easy dinner at least a couple of times every week and it’s one of my favorite delicious ways to eat my veggies! The recipe is gluten free and vegan.
What you will need:
The ingredients for this meal are simple. You will need Brussel sprouts (fresh or frozen), balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper, pasta, and marinara sauce.
Make your balsamic Brussel sprouts:
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cut your Brussel sprouts in half and line them on a baking sheet, flat side up. Drizzle balsamic vinegar on them. Then sprinkle on your garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Bake them in the oven for about 40 minutes.
Note: I bake mine for this long because I love when they are crispy and slightly burned (like in the photo). If you prefer yours less cooked, bake them for less time.
Cook the pasta:
While your Brussel sprouts are baking, cook your pasta according to the instructions on the box.
For this recipe, I decided to use gluten free chickpea pasta. The shape of this one is gemelli. You can, of course, use whatever pasta you prefer.
Putting it together:
Once your pasta has cooked, drain it and transfer it to a bowl. Then add your pasta sauce. For this recipe, I used store bought marinara sauce. If you would like to make your own pasta sauce from scratch, try my homemade pasta sauce recipe.
Add the balsamic Brussel sprouts to your pasta. Top them with nutritional yeast for some cheesy flavor!
Balsamic Brussel Sprout Pasta
- 1 cup Brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup pasta I like using gluten free chickpea pasta for added protein
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- marinera sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice your Brussel sprouts in half and place them on a pan.
- Top the Brussel sprouts with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Cook the Brussel sprouts for 40 minutes.
- While you're waiting for the Brussel sprouts, cook the pasta according to the box instructions.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain it and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the desired amount of pasta sauce.
- Once the Brussel sprouts have cooked, add them on top of your pasta and enjoy.
- Feel free to top them with nutritional yeast for some cheesy flavor.