Here goes my first recipe post!
This sugar-free superfood oatmeal has been one of my favorite breakfasts to have for over a year now. It is super healthy and so energizing; every single ingredient is packed with nutrients and there are no unnecessary added oils or sugar. Although I love to change up my breakfast and try different things every morning, whenever I don’t have a lot of time in the morning and know that I have a really busy day ahead of me, this is my go-to breakfast. It takes just five minutes to make and it is so delicious.
Even though there is no added refined sugar, it still tastes so sweet because of the banana and goji berries, and the pumpkin and chia seeds give it the perfect amount of crunch. It contains protein, fiber, vitamins, calcium, iron, and more, which help you feel energized throughout the day!
So without further ado, here is the recipe and steps to making this delicious and nutritious breakfast!
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia
- optional: top with fresh berries if you have them!
- First, mash up the ripe banana using a fork.
- Add the banana, almond milk, and oats to a small saucepan and cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour in a bowl and top with goji berries, pumpkin seeds, chia, and optional berries.